MAC Lipsticks- Brave, Velvet Teddy, & Twig

Sound the trumpets. Ring the bells. Blow the horn.

Attention Attention.

Dear everyone who ever searched for the perfect lipsticks to end all others.

I believe I have come to your rescue (you can thank me later). My voyage for the perfect lipsticks may have officially come to an end. I see the shiny coast. The sweet sweet land. -Okay, enough with the dramatics. I am here to tell you about my favorite MAC lipsticks!!





So, I finally caved and bought a MAC lipstick, thinking that they are decently priced- compared to ones from Sephora- and, I had to see what all the fuss was about. Turns out, I love these. The first color I picked up was Brave. Its a nice everyday pink that I can definitely see myself using every day. With a satin finish, it glides onto the lips very smoothly and leaves the tiniest bit of shine. I fell in LOVE with the color and formula and decided I had to get my hands on more.



After extensive research and countless hours of....watching YouTube videos, I decided to pick up Velvet Teddy next. This is a beautiful brown/pink shade. Depending on your skin tone it can show up really brown, or more nude. I am around an NC 30 and it goes on pinky brown for me. I noticed when I get a tan its more subtle, but when I'm paler its a stronger brown. This is a matte finish. I LOVE LOVE LOVE their matte finishes. It goes of super smooth, but lasts a very long time.
(Brave, Velvet Teddy, Twig)

My most recent victim is Twig. This is a satin finish as well. It's also a brown-pink but it pulls more "berry/red" like on me. Definitely darker than Velvet Teddy.  This color is a great MMLB for me. I think it would look great for fall as a transition to darker lip colors if you are just starting out like me.

I love the formula of the MAC lipsticks because they last for a significant period of time. Because I'm lazy, I don't want to have to reapply lipstick all the time. These are great no-fuss options. Sometimes, they can be a bit drying, but that's nothing a lipbalm or lipgloss can't fix.

Right now, they retail for $17 a piece (did they raise the price? I swear it was $16 a minute ago). All MAC lipsticks have a vanilla-scent with no taste. If you are skeptical, I say go into the store, talk to the ladies at the counter, and try one on. You will be hooked in no time! I cannot rave enough about these lipsticks. Seriously, they make me want to get nothing else.

The other colors I am looking forward to trying are ravishing, modesty, viva glam V, crosswires, and kinda sexy. Any other thoughts or colors you think I should check out? Lemme know in the comments below!


Comments

Popular Posts