MIZON SNAIL RECOVERY GEL CREAM

Get excited!!!! I am happy to do my first non lippie review on this new gel cream I just received. Before you guys freak out about the title, let me explain haha. 

Today I will be reviewing the Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream. This is a Korean skin care product. I first found about this while watching youtube channels and this girl with severe acne was talking about it. It peaked my interest because I have suffered from acne most of my life, and I am always searching for products that will help clear my face. Most products don't really work for me, or they kinda work, but they are not great. To give you a little background, I have VERY oily skin- talking more than one blotting sheet ppl- and I have acne prone skin. 




I ordered this product from Amazon and it came in last week. I am not sure how much it retails for on korean websites, but it was about $30 on Amazon. HOWEVER, right now there is a deal going on- if you purchase up to $25 of stuff on Amazon, this product can be an ADD-ON, and if you add it to your cart, it becomes $10!!!! I didn't know Amazon had this feature, so I was very excited to find that I could purchase this for a lower price. 

So onto the review. I was a little weirded out at first because of the SNAIL. The tube says that it has "74% snail secretion filtrate" in it. Not sure what that means, but there is no smell to the product and it doesn't contain little snails when you squeeze the product out, so I can be down with that because: this stuff is AWESOME!! If I were on makeupalley I would give it 5 stars. It's crazy because I am still not really sure what this product is supposed to do. I can't read Korean so all I know is that it's supposed to be a "recovery cream"- but I don't know what that entails. I put this on my face every night before I put on moisturizer. THE VERY NEXT DAY I could see a difference in my skin. It didn't exactly get rid of blemishes, but I could see a difference in my pores, and the texture of my skin. My pores were a lot smaller and my skin didn't look as red. The overall texture of my face was smoother and it actually looked like my skin had improved. I have been using this product for about 1 week now and I am still waking up shocked at how well it's working. The consistency is very "watery". It comes out clear and goes on very smooth and light. It's texture is comparable to the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. Let it soak into your face, and then put moisturizer on top. 


I would definitely recommend this product to all skin types. Again, I don't really know what it does but it just makes you wake up looking like you had a facial last night. I will keep using this and hopefully do a skin update later on down the road if anything changes (if scars start fading...etc). Later on I plan to do a Night time Skincare Post too, so let me know if you are interested in that or have any questions.
This product gets two thumbs up from me! Koreans, I don't know what is in this, but keep doin' what you're doin'!! 

Comments

Popular Posts