Summer Time Hair Care!

SUMMER TIME HAIR CARE!

Here are a list of my go to products for the summer!! 
My hair type: DRY DRY DRY DRY DRY. Need I say more? No matter what I do, it always seems like my hair is crinkly and dry at the ends. These are some products I have found to be helpful in smoothing everything out and gettin' that silky do!


Dove Pure Care Dry Oil: This is a hair oil that you can apply before showering. I like to take a few pumps in my hand, rub them together, and then work it through the ends. I leave it in for about 10 minutes, and then I go ahead and shower like normal. I love the way this smells, and I can really tell a difference after using it. My hair feels a lot smoother and not as dry. Another plus is that this is a drugstore item so it is super affordable! 

Macadamia Healing Oil Spray: This is a recent purchase I just picked up. It retails for about $30, but I found it at tj. max for about $17- which is the main reason I decided to try it. The bottle says that it is for fine hair. I personally do not have fine hair, however, I do like the way that this is working so far. You are supposed to spray this onto your hair after it has been towel dried. The spray is interesting because it is a very nice mist...however, you cannot really "feel" the oil in your hair. It doesn't feel greasy at all but it makes my hair soooo soft. It almost has like a relaxing effect. Kind of feels like spraying fabric softener onto your hair :) 

Coconut Milk Anti-breakage Serum: This stuff I have been using for a while, and it is my second bottle. I really like this for "mending" split ends. Now, I know that once you have split ends, you cannot fix them. However, when I use this product, I feel like it makes the split ends look a little less brittle and I can feel my hair become less frizzy and gel back together...if that makes sense. You just take about half a pump, warm it up in your hands, and just work it into the ENDS of towel dried hair. With this product, be careful not to put too much in. It can feel a bit sticky the next day if you over do it. 
**Also has an amazing coconut smell!

Biosilk: OMG. YES. So excited to talk about this product!! I first discovered this when I was at the hair salon. Every time after I got my haircut, the stylist would put this into my hair. I never knew what it was, but the smell was so distinct. I finally found it one day at target when I was smelling some hair care products -weird i know-. The second I smelled it, I knew this was the one! You only need one drop....just one drop of this stuff. Rub it in your hands and apply to wet or dry hair. It makes your hair SOOO silky and shiny. (be careful not to overdo it or it will feel greasy). Absolutely love this stuff and will definitely repurchase. 

Tresemme Heat Tamer: Okay, I know that this one is a long time love for many of you guys out there. It doesn't really belong in this "section" because it is meant to be used with heat styling tools. However, recently I have just been using it on its own to tame down frizz and humidity in the summer. I have found it to be really great at keeping my hair soft and manageable. I will spray it just normally onto my hair even if I don't use heat tools and it still works! This is probably my 4th bottle of this stuff- gotta try this if you haven't!!  






Comments

Popular Posts