Drugstore Haul- Rimmel, Maybelline, and Babylips!

Items: Rimmel scandaleyes thick and thin waterproof liner, Rimmel scandal eyes khol kajal liner in Black & Nude, Rimmel Stay Matte powder, Baby Lips Dr. Rescue, Maybelline Pure BB cream, Rimmel Stay Matte primer

Haul time!! CVS is having an a buy 1 get 1 50% off sale on a lot of their products right now! That combined with some extra bucks I had been saving and some more coupons from CVS, I hauled a bunch of items I have been wanting to try! 

Rimmel Scandal Eyes Thick Thin Waterproof Liner (001 Black): 
Pros: 
  • Waterproof! I neeeeeed waterproof liners and this one actually works for me! Even after working out there wasn't a lot of smudging. 
  • Thick thin slant- this feature is great for creating winged liner because you can just tilt the pen and it makes it super easy
  • Very black- good pigmentation
  • Affordable: This retails for about $6-$7! 

Cons: Dries out pretty quickly. Not sure if I just got a dud but I repurchased this after only using it for about 1 month. 

Rimmel Scandal Eyes Kohl Kajal Liner (Black & Nude):
The first two lines are from the thick thin liner. The second is the kohl kajal in black and the last one is nude. Still working on testing out the Kajal liners. I am hoping that I can use the black one to tight line with--still looking for something that won't smudge on me! The nude liner I am using to brighten my water line. 

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder:
Another repurchase for me! I hit pan on my last one and decided to get another one in their new packaging. This one is in translucent.

Baby Lips Dr. Rescue in Soothing Sorbet:
Pros:
  • Color: Nice sheer berry red sheen on the lips
  • I HATE...haha...the regular baby lips. To me, the other ones feel slippery on the lips and have a taste to them. These are minty so they are great and they give you that tingly feeling!
  • Moisturizing 
  • Affordable: $3-$4

Cons:
  • I like the sheer color it gives, however if you guys are looking for something more pigmented then you might want to pass on this. 
Maybelline Pure BB cream with Salicylic Acid
Pros:
  • Feels very soft on the skin
  • 2% Salicylic acid (last time I checked thats a lot for a makeup product!)
  • Blends well and is buildable

Cons:
  • Pass on this if you are looking for full coverage. This is LIGHT coverage!
  • Small color selection
  • Not very mattifying --I still had to blot throughout the day
Rimmel Stay Matte Primer:
Pros:
  • Doesn't have that slippery feeling of those silicone primers-- those ALWAYS break me out.
  • Leaves face feeling soft and not greasy
  • Minimizes pores
  • Blends well
Cons:
  • Still testing this product out, but so far I haven't seen too much of a mattifying effect.
                                  (Left: Primer      Right: BB Cream)










Comments

Popular Posts