Night Time Skin Care Routine ~ For Acne

Here is the long awaited night time skincare routine! These are all the products that I usually use for my skin at night. Before I get started let me begin my describing my skin type. I have OILY ACNE PRONE skin. Dealing with acne has been a long time battle and these are just some of the products I use to help keep it under control. My skin is not perfect at all and I know what it feels like to me burdened with the worry of acne on your face. I also use a prescription cream along with these products. These are not promised to help make the acne go away, but I find that they do help reduce breakouts and help me control my oily skin.
Let's get started! :D
Murad Clearifying Cleanser
Pros: 
Contains 2% Salicylic Acid.  
Leaves face feeling soft and refreshed. Has a bit of a tingly feeling when you use it and afterwards
A little goes a long way. Lather in hands and gently massage onto face 
Controls oil and reduces breakouts. I can see an improvement in my skin just by switching to this cleanser.

Cons: 
Price~ The price is the only thing that I don't like about this cleanser. It retails at Sephora for about $26. 

The Body Shop Tea Tree Toner

Use: Shake it so that the residue on the bottom is completely mixed in. Pour onto a cotton round and swipe over face.
Pros: 
Face feels instantly cleaner. Helps remove excess residue that the cleanser has not removed
Tea tree helps reduce inflamed skin
Price is reasonable, retails for about $11. The body shop sometimes has 50% off sales! 

Cons:
Can be quite strong so use only if you have oily skin

Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream
Pros: *I have a review on this already in a previous blog post so I will keep this short
Light weight
Reduces Pore size
Smoother skin

Cons: 
Only available for purchase online--price may vary 

Michael Todd Rooibos Tea Gel Eye Treatment
Pros: 
LOVE this-- helps reduce puffiness and dark circles
Very light weight- gel instead of a cream
Cooling
A little goes a long way so this product lasts for a very long time
The tube says that it is suitable for oily skin, which I don't really get because it's for you eyes. But, I guess my eyelids do get oily! Nice to have because it doesn't feel greasy

Cons:
Price--I bought this on a flash sale website so I cannot remember how much I paid for it. However, I do know that Michael Todd products tend to be a bit pricey

Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer
Pros: 
Available at the drugstore
For acne prone skin- contains salicylic acid
Does not breakout my skin. I can tell that my skin loves this stuff and really absorbs it in
Moisturizing with out being greasy 
Pump

Cons:
Not too much I can say about this product that I don't like. I know I always mention price haha. Although this can be found in the drugstore it is one of the more expensive ones. Retails for about $13-$15.
Nivea Lip Butter Vanilla and Macadamia Kiss
Pros:
Smells delicious. Exactly like vanilla and macadamia
Moisturizing
Lasts a long time
Compact
Even though it's white in the pot it does not leave a chalky look to your lips--like some other products do. 

Cons:
Slightly greasy feeling
Packaging is not hygenic because you have to dip your finger in it every time



  

Comments

Popular Posts