Matte Face Makeup

Matte Face Makeup ~ Everyday 

Okay, listen up my oily friends. I believe I have finally found a great combination of products to use to help control the oil AND prevent breakouts. 

Recently, I have been using the Neutrogena Shine Control Foundation. It contains rice protein complex which is supposed to help soak up the oils in your face. It also contains SPF 20. This product is quite thick in the bottle, but surprisingly feels EXTREMELY LIGHT WEIGHT on my face. It really sets into my skin and I don't feel like I'm wearing foundation at all. 

So far, it hasn't broken me out and typically lasts about 8 hours on my face. I do notice some oil at around the 5hr mark, but not enough where I feel like I need to blot like crazy. 
The primer I use is the RImmel Stay Matte Primer. I have a seperate review on that in a previous blog post if you would like to check it out. 

  
Shade: Nude 40- I am a NC30, but right now am lighter in the winter. 

To top it off and make sure I am REALLY shine proof. I like to set it with the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent 001. You can skip this step if you feel like the foundation is enough. Me...I need the extra shine control.

AND, last but not least. I like to top it all off with the Elf Makeup Mist and Set. This is probably my 5th bottle of this stuff. It is very comparable to the Urban Decay De-Slick, but it's only $3!!!!!! I would say give it a try if you are in the market for a setting spray. I also like it because it seems to smooth out the look of the foundation and really takes away any "cakeyness" or powdery look to my face. It leaves it looking very natural which is what my goal is. 



I generally like to stick with practical, everyday use type products that people would ACTUALLY use. Please let me know if you guys have any questions, or any other posts you would like me to make. I am happy to take suggestions! 




Comments

Popular Posts