WINTER CHILL LIP ESSENTIALS!!!

No matter where you live or how cold it is right now, caring for your lips is always important! In order for your lip colors to truly stand out or for them to glide on smoothly, soft lips are essential! Here are a few of my favorites that I rely on to keep my lips from getting chapped.

Its been pretty cold where I live recently and the wind chill has been crazy!! The most important thing is to keep hydrated. No matter how much chapstick you put on, it won't matter if your body isn't hydrated, so drink up! 

Above: SUGAR lip treatment, Burts Bees pomegranate chapstick, eos mint lipbalm, Elf Conditioning Lip Balm, Smith's Rose Bud Salve, Carmex

These are by far the best lip treatments I have ever tried. The ones shown in the photo above are sample sizes that I got for free on my birthday at Sephora. I wish I had the full size because these are so incredibly creamy and smooth on the lips. They are very moisturizing and I absolutely love the color that the rose tinted one gives to my lips. There are other colors that this line sells, but I have not tried them. I would recommend getting the full size however, I just can't seem to justify the price! Retail price is $22.50. They have a smell to them, can't quite put my finger on it, but all I can think of is that it smells like sweet gum? Haha sorry I'm bad with naming smells, but definitely give this product a try~free birthday samples from Sephora! Your lips will thank you! 

Wonderful chapstick to just throw in your bag. Perfect for guys or girls. Although it is red, it does not give any color on the lips. Smells great! To me it smells like all the other Burts Bees products with a hint of pomegranate. I like putting this on in the morning before putting on my makeup. 

I sincerely apologize for the condition of this Eos lip balm. Tragically this little guy gets thrown around a lot in my bag. However, that just goes to show how much I love using it. I have tried the other Eos lip balms, but this is the only one that I like. It it the mint one and gives your lips a tingly feeling when you put it on. I cannot stand products that have tastes, unless its minty! It gives your lips good moisture, but most of all I just love the minty feeling. 

Okay get ready people. $3 for these babies! These are the Elf Conditioning Lip Balms. They have an SPF of 15, and come in a variety of colors. The ones I have here are Peaceful Pink, and Nice & Natural. They provide a great tint and moisturize your lips. The only thing I don't like about these are that they do have a slight taste to them and that they are in a pot. Sticking my finger in the pot each time I want to use it is a bit unhygienic, but for $3, I guess I can settle. They have a bit of a thicker consistency than most regular balms, but they are great if you want color without sacrificing protection. 


Ahhh the ever popular Smith's Rosebud Salve. I gave in one day and decided to purchase this because I saw so many people using it. I succumbed to the hype, but this time I think it was worth it. I love love love the consistency of this product. It feels like a more expensive better version of vasiline. Although its got a rosy tint, it does not provide any color on the lips. Sold for $7 at Sephora, its a great lip moisturizer and leaves a shiny finish. Also the smell is amazing!! Roses on roses on roses.... 

Finally, the classic Carmex lip balm. Although the packaging is simple and refined, don't let this little guy fool ya. It packs a powerful punch in the lip care department. Provides great protection, leaves a nice shine to the lips, and its got that minty tingle I love. I like to put this on before going to bed. This is also great for when your lips are super super chapped and the normal chapstick just ain't cuttin' it. Available almost everywhere in a single pack or for a bargain deal with three in one pack. Definitely great for males and females...you can't go wrong with this. 

Left to Right: Elf Conditioning Lip Balm in Peaceful Pink, Nice and Natural, and SUGAR lip treatment in Rose



Comments

Popular Posts